The calendar below shows the professional learning events hosted by OpenSciEd and our Certified Professional Learning partners.
- This event has passed.
PARTNER EVENT: Middle School Curriculum Launch with Illinois Extension
June 12 - June 15$150 – $200
Are you interested in learning how to implement high-quality NGSS materials in your middle school classroom?
Nationally certified facilitators from the University of Illinois Extension STEM Team are excited to bring middle school OpenSciEd professional learning to Cook County! The OpenSciEd Middle School Curriculum Launch immerses you in teaching and learning that is driven by students making sense of phenomena and developing solutions to problems. You will walk away prepared to confidently facilitate learning in your classroom. In addition, you’ll become an expert in navigating all of the resources embedded in the materials so you can maximize your impact on student engagement and learning.
Focal units for this event:
• 6.1 Light & Matter
• 7.1 Chemical Reactions & Matter
• 8.1 Contact Forces.
Come collaborate with colleagues at an immersive in-person PL experience!
• All sessions will take place from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
• Monday through Thursday, June 12-15, 2023.
• Morning refreshments and lunch will be provided.
• A print copy of the Teacher Edition and ISBE Professional Development Hours will be provided.
• We will be at a west suburban school in Cook County, Illinois. Further details will be provided after registration.
• $150* per educator, Early Bird Price – apply by April 24, 2023
• $200* per educator, Regular Price – apply by May 15, 2023
Visit go.illinois.edu/OpenSciEdMS to learn more and apply!
*University of Illinois Extension in Cook County provides K-12 science professional learning at a subsidized rate so that we can provide equitable access to high-quality programs to educators in Cook County. Priority will be given to Cook County Teachers, but if space is available, we will allow educators who live and work outside of Cook County for a slightly higher fee.
For questions about the application or the event, please email Meghan at firstname.lastname@example.org.