Middle School Unit Release & Translation Schedule
Each OpenSciEd unit undergoes an 18-month development process that includes external reviews, a robust field test, and revision. OpenSciEd will be releasing units at the end of this process and after they are evaluated by NextGenScience’s EQuIP Peer Review Panel and have received a quality rating.
Spanish Translation Schedule
The student materials for each unit are being translated into Spanish once the units are released publicly. Below is the schedule for the translation of the materials. Once the translations are completed, the Spanish materials can be downloaded as part of the full unit in both PDF and Google Document formats.
- 6.1 Light & Matter – March 2021
- 6.2 Thermal Energy – Available Now
- 6.3 Weather, Climate & Water Cycling – Available Now
- 7.1 Chemical Reactions & Matter – Available Now
- 7.3 Metabolic Reactions – Available Now
- 7.4 Matter Cycling & Photosynthesis – Available Now
- 8.1 Contact Forces – Available Now
- 8.2 Sound Waves – Available Now
- 8.3 Forces at a Distance – Available Now