Purposeful Approach to the Science & Engineering Practices
Three Dimensional Learning
The OpenSciEd Curriculum Specifications define the approach to designing and supporting science teaching and learning that three dimensional in service of student sensemaking. To see how each of the Practices and Crosscutting Concepts is supported throughout the OpenSciEd Curriculum, visit the Scope & Sequence page.
The Science & Engineering Practices
In the OpenSciEd materials, the Science and Engineering practices are used…. The Curriculum Specifications describe the use of these practices as they are often utilized together to support student sensemaking.
- Asking Questions and Defining Problems
- Planning and Carrying Out Investigations
- Developing and Using Models, Constructing Explanations, and Designing Solutions
- Analyzing and Interpreting Data and Using Mathematical and Computational Thinking
- Arguing from Evidence and Obtaining, Evaluating, and Communicating Information