Join our Facilitator Team!
Thanks to the hard work of our development team, our ten partner states, hundreds of field test teachers, and thousands of field test students, we have released the final units in our middle school program! The professional learning demand is high and we need to expand our team to make sure we can support as many districts as possible! We are seeking experienced professional learning facilitators to join our Facilitator Team.
How to Apply
Joining the OpenSciEd Facilitator Team is a 3-step process. See this document for a more detailed description of each step along the way:
- Let us know you are interested in joining the team
Just fill out this quick survey, which clarifies a couple of expectations and allows us to set up a private google folder for submitting your application artifacts.
- Show us that you deeply understand OpenSciEd’s instructional model and professional learning. Submit three short videos in response to prompts in this list to demonstrate what you know.
- Share artifacts that demonstrate your expertise in facilitating professional learning. There is flexibility in what exact artifacts you submit, but they need to demonstrate that you can skillfully facilitate professional learning in a way that matches the goals of OpenSciEd professional learning.
All submissions must be submitted by 11:59 PM ET on Monday, May 9, 2022.
If you are interested but have more questions, review the FAQs on this document.
Why join the OpenSciEd Facilitator Team?
The combination of OpenSciEd’s materials and professional learning can make a real impact on student learning, especially students who are often marginalized in science classrooms. Additionally, it can make a real difference for teachers who have been working hard to reach all of the students in their classrooms, but haven’t had the materials and professional learning to make that as effective as they would like. In other words, it’s a great opportunity to have an impact on science learning across our nation (and beyond)!
In addition to partnering with us to grow a vision of science education that prepares all students for their lives beyond high school, there are some more pragmatic benefits to joining the OpenSciEd Facilitator Team:
- While working for OpenSciEd, you will be fairly compensated and, of course, your expenses during travel will be covered;
- All members of the OpenSciEd Facilitator Team will earn a digital badge that is yours to advertise your accomplishment;
- You will have the opportunity to refine and shape the OpenSciEd Professional Learning materials to meet the needs of a wide variety of adult learners in a wide variety of districts;
- You will have the opportunity to work with amazing science educators across the country as they work to bring the NGSS to life in their schools;
- Our Facilitator Team has a wide range of projects in addition to facilitation that you can join if you are interested. You will be able to opt into work on a wide range of projects within OpenSciEd, such as: building a version of our materials that will easily upload into learning management systems; providing quality control feedback for our Distribution Partners; building additional resources to improve our materials, etc.
- All members of the OpenSciEd Facilitator team will be included in a collaborative professional learning community designed to help us all to grow professionally while we continually improve what we do.
OpenSciEd is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse team of facilitators to represent the students that we ultimately serve. Just as with the development of our materials and professional learning, this is an important part of how OpenSciEd seeks to meet the learning needs of a varied student population.