Join our Facilitator Team!
Thanks to the hard work of our development team, our ten partner states, hundreds of field test teachers, and thousands of field test students, we have released the final units in our middle school program, are nearing the completion of our high school program and will be releasing our first elementary units soon! The professional learning demand and we continue to grow our Facilitator Team to meet this demand, but scroll down to see if we are actively accepting new applications now.
OpenSciEd is seeking applications for experienced professional learning facilitators to join our Facilitator Team. Applications close Monday December 11, 2023 at 11:59pm Eastern Time. Read our announcement for more information about what it means to be an OpenSciEd Facilitator and how to join the team.
Joining the OpenSciEd Facilitator Team is a 2-step process. See this document for a more detailed description of each step along the way:
Why join the OpenSciEd Facilitator Team?
The combination of OpenSciEd’s materials and professional learning can make a real impact on student learning, especially students who are often marginalized in science classrooms. Additionally, it can make a real difference for teachers who have been working hard to reach all of the students in their classrooms, but haven’t had the materials and professional learning to make that as effective as they would like. In other words, it’s a great opportunity to have an impact on science learning across our nation (and beyond)!
In addition to partnering with us to grow a vision of science education that prepares all students for their lives beyond high school, there are some more pragmatic benefits to joining the OpenSciEd Facilitator Team:
- While working for OpenSciEd, you will be fairly compensated and, of course, your expenses during travel will be covered;
- All members of the OpenSciEd Facilitator Team will earn a digital badge that is yours to advertise your accomplishment;
- You will have the opportunity to refine and shape the OpenSciEd Professional Learning materials to meet the needs of a wide variety of adult learners in a wide variety of districts;
- You will have the opportunity to work with amazing science educators across the country as they work to bring the NGSS to life in their schools;
- Our Facilitator Team has a wide range of projects in addition to facilitation that you can join if you are interested. You will be able to opt into work on a wide range of projects within OpenSciEd, such as: building a version of our materials that will easily upload into learning management systems; providing quality control feedback for our Distribution Partners; building additional resources to improve our materials, etc.
- All members of the OpenSciEd Facilitator team will be included in a collaborative professional learning community designed to help us all to grow professionally while we continually improve what we do.
OpenSciEd is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse team of facilitators to represent the students that we ultimately serve. Just as with the development of our materials and professional learning, this is an important part of how OpenSciEd seeks to meet the learning needs of a varied student population.