Join our Facilitator Team!
Thanks to the hard work of our development team, our ten partner states, hundreds of field test teachers, and thousands of field test students, we have released the final units in our middle school program and are releasing our first high school units soon! The professional learning demand and we continue to grow our Facilitator Team to meet this demand, but scroll down to see if we are actively accepting new applications now.
How to Apply
We aren’t currently accepting applications for the Facilitator Team, but here’s a description of the last round of applications so you can get a sense of what our hiring process looks like:
Joining the OpenSciEd Facilitator Team is a 3-step process. See this document for a more detailed description of each step along the way:
- Let us know you are interested in joining the team. Just fill out this quick survey, which clarifies a couple of expectations and allows us to set up a private google folder for submitting your application artifacts.
- Show us that you possess the necessary knowledge and passion to successfully support teachers and schools implementing OpenSciEd. Submit two short videos and one artifact with an explanation in response to the prompts in Step 2 of this document to demonstrate what you know.
- Provide evidence that demonstrates your expertise in facilitating professional learning. Submit one video and one artifact to demonstrate that you can skillfully facilitate professional learning in a way that matches the goals of OpenSciEd professional learning. More information can be found in the application document.
We anticipate re-opening our facilitator hiring process (with new prompts) by the end of February 2023.
Why join the OpenSciEd Facilitator Team?
The combination of OpenSciEd’s materials and professional learning can make a real impact on student learning, especially students who are often marginalized in science classrooms. Additionally, it can make a real difference for teachers who have been working hard to reach all of the students in their classrooms, but haven’t had the materials and professional learning to make that as effective as they would like. In other words, it’s a great opportunity to have an impact on science learning across our nation (and beyond)!
In addition to partnering with us to grow a vision of science education that prepares all students for their lives beyond high school, there are some more pragmatic benefits to joining the OpenSciEd Facilitator Team:
- While working for OpenSciEd, you will be fairly compensated and, of course, your expenses during travel will be covered;
- All members of the OpenSciEd Facilitator Team will earn a digital badge that is yours to advertise your accomplishment;
- You will have the opportunity to refine and shape the OpenSciEd Professional Learning materials to meet the needs of a wide variety of adult learners in a wide variety of districts;
- You will have the opportunity to work with amazing science educators across the country as they work to bring the NGSS to life in their schools;
- Our Facilitator Team has a wide range of projects in addition to facilitation that you can join if you are interested. You will be able to opt into work on a wide range of projects within OpenSciEd, such as: building a version of our materials that will easily upload into learning management systems; providing quality control feedback for our Distribution Partners; building additional resources to improve our materials, etc.
- All members of the OpenSciEd Facilitator team will be included in a collaborative professional learning community designed to help us all to grow professionally while we continually improve what we do.
OpenSciEd is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse team of facilitators to represent the students that we ultimately serve. Just as with the development of our materials and professional learning, this is an important part of how OpenSciEd seeks to meet the learning needs of a varied student population.