OpenSciEd is committed to creating classrooms where teachers can fulfill their highest aspirations and where students can achieve more than they think possible. It is for this reason that we make our publications, resources, presentations, learning tools, professional development tools, and collection of student work freely available to users.
- Accessing the Website, Security and Privacy
We can’t guarantee that the Website will be up and running at all times. We reserve the right to suspend or restrict access to some features to users. In any case, we will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period, nor for any data loss.
To access certain features of the Website you have to register by entering your email and choosing a password as part of our security procedures. You may use the Website without registration, but in order to take advantage of certain aspects, you may need to register for an account. Your account is for your sole, personal use. You may not authorize others to use your account, and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity. All registration information about you must be truthful, and you may not use any aliases or other means to mask your true identity. You are responsible for the security of your password and will be solely liable for any use or unauthorized use under such password. OpenSciEd reserves the right to terminate your account if you do not adhere to our registration requirements as outlined above.
We do not guarantee that the Website or any content provided on the Website is error free.
- Conditions of Use
Except as expressly provided to the contrary, the Website content, including the classroom curriculum and professional learning resources created by OpenSciEd and its partners is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0).
Except as expressly provided to the contrary, OpenSciEd invites use of its publications, resources, presentations, learning tools, and professional development tools. You are free to download materials and share them with others, and as long as OpenSciEd is given proper attribution as described by the applicable license.
- Individual Features and Services
When using the Website, you will be subject to any additional posted guidelines or rules applicable to specific services and features that may be posted from time to time.
- Disclaimers of Warranty, Limitations of Liability and Indemnification
Your use of the Website is at your sole risk. The service is provided “as is” and “as available”. We disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We are not liable for damages, direct or consequential, resulting from your use of the Website, and you agree to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless from any claims, losses, liability costs and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from your violation of any third-party’s rights. You acknowledge that you have only a limited, non-exclusive, nontransferable license to use the Website. Because the Website is not error or bug free, you agree that you will use it carefully and avoid using it ways which might result in any loss of your or any third party’s property or information.
- Severability and Waiver
- International Access
The Website is provided from the United States and all servers that make it available reside in the United States. The laws of other countries may differ regarding the access and use of the Website. OpenSciEd makes no representations regarding the legality of the Website in any other country and it is your responsibility to ensure that your use complies with all applicable laws outside of the United States.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com
- Data Collection
- Information you provide to us
Portions of the Website we operate requires users to register. When you register at the Website, we ask you to provide certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, email address, and organization. When you sign up for our Newsletter, we will ask you for your name and email address in order to contact you in future. We will also collect personally identifiable information from you with your consent when request further information through a contact form on the Website.
- Information collected automatically
We collect data from every visitor of the Website to monitor traffic and fix bugs. For example, we collect information such as web requests, the data sent in response to such requests, the Internet Protocol address, the browser type, the browser language, and a timestamp for the request.
- What choices do I have?
You are able to view, change and remove your data associated with your profile. Should you choose to delete your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will honor your request.
- Data Use
- Personal Information
We use your personal information to provide you the OpenSciEd services or products or to communicate with you about the Website or OpenSciEd services or products.
- Usage Information
OpenSciEd may use data to enable us to determine the frequency of users to our Website and its individual pages, so that we can improve and customize our Website and OpenSciEd products
- Data Sharing
- Personal Information
OpenSciEd will not sell your personal information to any third-party organizations for any reason.
OpenSciEd will sometimes share personal information with other organizations with whom we collaborate for development and distribution of our products and services. Those partners may send you email correspondence about information and services which they think you may find interesting or helpful, using the email address you have provided. When your personal information is submitted to our partners, they will have no rights to share your personal information with any third parties, and we require them to exercise reasonable care to protect your personal information.
- Other required sharing
We do not otherwise share personal information you have provided to us without your consent, unless we have a good faith belief that doing so:
- is appropriate to carry out your request;
- is necessary to detect, prevent or address fraud, security or technical issues;
- is necessary to otherwise protect our property, legal rights, or that of others; or
- is required by law or is necessary to comply with the law or legal process or is pertinent to judicial or governmental investigations or proceedings.
- Usage Information
Aggregated, anonymized data is periodically transmitted to external services, such as Google Analytics (traffic analysis) and Amazon Web Services (website hosting and data storage), to help us improve the Website and service. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of these third party services, and you are responsible for reading and understanding these third parties’ privacy policies.
Third parties may extract data such as that listed below.
- Google Analytics: anonymous (ad serving domains, browser type, demographics, language settings, page views, time/date), pseudonymous (IP address)
- Amazon Web Services: hosts some Website applications and stores related data
- Social Networks
We also use social buttons provided by services like Twitter and Facebook. Your use of these third party services is entirely optional. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of these third party services, and you are responsible for reading and understanding these third party services’ privacy policies.
Information that is available on this Website may include links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of the websites you visit through these links, and you are responsible for reading and understanding these third parties’ privacy policies.
We employ and contract with people and other entities that perform certain tasks on our behalf and who are under our control (our “Agents”). We may need to share personal information with our Agents in order to provide services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our Agents do not have any right to use personal information or other information we share with them beyond what is necessary to perform their functions. You hereby consent to our sharing of personal information with our Agents.
- Business Transfers
If OpenSciEd or some or all of its assets are acquired by or otherwise transferred to another company, or if OpenSciEd goes out of business, or if OpenSciEd changes its tax status, personal information provided by the user and information concerning the user’s use of the Website may be transferred to or acquired by a third party.
- Data Security
We intend to protect against unauthorized access of data about you that we store, including personal information. You can help protect against unauthorized access to your account and personal information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, by limiting access to your computer and browser, and by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. OpenSciEd is not liable for unauthorized disclosures of personal information due to no fault of OpenSciEd including, but not limited to, errors in transmission and unauthorized acts of OpenSciEd and/or third parties.
- OpenSciEd Communications
OpenSciEd may contact you, by email or other means. For example, OpenSciEd may communicate with you about your use of the OpenSciEd products and/or website. We deliberately keep unsolicited communications with users to a minimum.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
This policy describes the steps we take to maintain your privacy when you use our Bulk Downloader to transfer curriculum materials to your Google Drive (“Services”). By using our Services, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
2. Data Collection and Use
- Our Bulk Downloader uses Google Analytics to capture anonymized usage information (“User Analytics”)
- Our Bulk Downloader does not collect, maintain or use personally identifiable information outside the Users’ Google account
- For example, we collect information about your device and its software, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device, and other such information
- We also collect information about the way you use our Services, for example, the pages you visit, the links you click, or how frequently you access
- This type of information is considered confidential and is only used for the purpose of operating, maintaining, and improving features of the Service
- The Bulk Downloader provides Users with the ability to more effectively work with their documents and to automate tasks related to their work
- The Bulk Downloader is examined to insure they meet Google’s guidelines, including guidelines for safeguarding user data, before they are publicly available. For more information, see https://developers.google.com/gsuite/add-ons/concepts/addon-review
- In order for our Bulk Downloader to function, they require access to data in your Google Drive, Gmail, or other services in your G Suite domain (“Personal Data”)
- Our Bulk Downloader only interacts with the Personal Data that you consent and approve
- All operations performed on Personal Data are carried out within and under the authority of your Google account
- The Bulk Downloader does not transmit Personal Data to OpenSciEd
- Any analysis or calculations performed on Personal Data by the Bulk Downloader cannot be accessed by OpenSciEd
- All intellectual property rights of your Personal Data are retained by you
- For more information on the specific permissions our Bulk Downloader requires, see “Bulk Downloader Authorization Scopes” section of this policy
3. Bulk Downloader Authorization Scopes
- Our Bulk Downloader requires that Users give permission to access their Personal Data or act on their behalf
- The first time the Bulk Downloader is run, you will be prompted to authorize one or more permissions
- Below are some of the permissions required by the Bulk Downloader and a description of how they are used
- View and manage your documents in Google Drive
- The Bulk Downloader uses this permission to create and manage files and folders in your drive. This Bulk Downloader will only interact with documents as you direct them to.
- View and manage your spreadsheets in Google Drive
- This permission is used to read and write to spreadsheets in your Google drive. The Bulk Downloader will only interact with spreadsheets as you direct them to.
- View and manage your forms in Google Drive
- This permission is used to read and write to forms in your Google drive. The Bulk Downloader will only interact with forms as you direct them to.
- View and manage the files in your Google Drive
- This permission is used to create and manage files and folders. The Bulk Downloader will only interact with files as you direct them to.
- Send email as you
- The Bulk Downloader will only send an email as you direct them to.
- Connect to an external service
- The Bulk Downloader interacts with external APIs, which is used to enhance the features of the Bulk Downloader.
- Allow this application to run when you are not present
- The Bulk Downloader allows users to set time triggers, which kicks off a job at a specific time. This permission is necessary to enable this process.
- View and manage data associated with the application
- The Bulk Downloader will store the settings you set so they are accessible for future sessions
- As a reminder, you can review access you have authorized to your Google Account under “Sign in and Security” “Apps with Account Access”
4. Your Choices About Your Information
- At this time, our Services are not able to support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
5. EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
What We Collect And Our Basis For Doing So
- OpenSciEd Bulk Downloader uses Google Analytics to capture anonymized usage information (“User Analytics”). For example, we collect information about your device and its software, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device, and other such information. We also collect information about the way you use our Bulk Downloader, for example, the pages you visit, the links you click, or how frequently you access. This type of information is considered confidential and is only used for the purpose of operating, maintaining, and improving features of the OpenSciEd Bulk Downloader; this use is a legitimate interest under GDPR Article 6, Section 1(f).
What We Do Not Collect
- OpenSciEd Bulk Downloader neither collects nor maintains any data that users provide to the G Suite application. Use of the services and functions provided by the Bulk Downloader does not require personally identifiable information. The Bulk Downloader does not transmit users’ data to OpenSciEd; specifically, the Bulk Downloader does not collect, maintain or act upon users’ information outside the users’ Google account.
- OpenSciEd Bulk Downloader only interacts with the users’ data to the extent that users consent and approve; all operations performed on users’ data are carried out within and under the authority of the user’s Google account. The Bulk Downloader is examined to insure they meet Google’s guidelines, including guidelines for safeguarding user data, before they are publicly available. For more information, see https://developers.google.com/gsuite/add-ons/concepts/addon-review
- While teachers and others may use the Bulk Downloader to process personally identifiable information and/or student data (and are responsible for doing so in compliance with their local, state and national regulations), this personally identifiable information is never collected, maintained or used by OpenSciEd Bulk Downloader.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read these Terms of Service (“Terms”, “Terms of Service”) carefully before completing the OpenSciEd event registration (the “Service”) operated by OpenSciEd (“us”, “we”, or “our”).
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned upon your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who wish to access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you do not have permission to access the Service.
If you wish to purchase any service made available through the Service (“Purchase”), you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your Purchase including, without limitation, your credit card number, the expiration date of your credit card, your billing address, and your shipping information.
You represent and warrant that: (i) you have the legal right to use any credit card(s) or other payment method(s) in connection with any Purchase; and that (ii) the information you supply to us is true, correct and complete.
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order at any time for reasons including but not limited to: product or service availability, errors in the description or price of the product or service, error in your order or other reasons.
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order if fraud or an unauthorized or illegal transaction is suspected.
Availability, Errors and Inaccuracies
We are constantly updating service offerings on the Service. We may experience delays in updating information on the Service and in our advertising on other web sites. The information found on the Service may contain errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. Services may be mispriced, described inaccurately, or unavailable on the Service and we cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information found on the Service.
We therefore reserve the right to change or update information and to correct errors, inaccuracies, or omissions at any time without prior notice.
When you create an account with us, you guarantee that you are above the age of 18, and that the information you provide us is accurate, complete, and current at all times. Inaccurate, incomplete, or obsolete information may result in the immediate termination of your account on the Service.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, including but not limited to the restriction of access to your computer and/or account. You agree to accept responsibility for any and all activities or actions that occur under your account and/or password, whether your password is with our Service or a third-party service. You must notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
We reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in our sole discretion.
We reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content in our sole discretion.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by OpenSciEd.
OpenSciEd has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. We do not warrant the offerings of any of these entities/individuals or their websites.
You acknowledge and agree that OpenSciEd shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such third party web sites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third party web sites or services that you visit.
We may terminate or suspend your account and bar access to the Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, under our sole discretion, for any reason whatsoever and without limitation, including but not limited to a breach of the Terms.
If you wish to terminate your account, you may simply discontinue using the Service.
All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of New York, United States, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have had between us regarding the Service.
Consent to Use of Photographic Images
Registration and attendance at, or participation in OpenSciEd professional learning and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to allow OpenSciEd and third-party organizations to use and distribute (both now and in the future) the registrant’s or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, video, electronic reproductions, and/or audio recordings of such events and activities.
The performance of the workshops is subject to termination without liability upon the occurrence of any circumstance beyond the control of either party – such as acts of God, war, government regulations, disaster, pandemics, strikes (except those involving employees or agents of the party seeking the protection of this clause), civil disorder, or curtailment of transportation facilities – to the extent that such circumstances makes it illegal or impossible to conduct the conference. The ability to terminate this agreement without liability pursuant to this paragraph is conditioned upon delivery of written notice to the other party setting for the basis for such termination as soon as reasonably practical – but in no event longer than ten (10) days – after learning of such basis.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will provide at least 30 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use our Service after any revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, you are no longer authorized to use the Service.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at email@example.com.