- OpenSciEd materials are open educational resources (OER) licensed to be free for anyone to use, share, redistribute, adapt, transform, and build upon for any purpose, even commercially.
- OpenSciEd instructional materials are robust, research-based, open-source science instructional materials designed to increase accessibility for all teachers and students.
- The instructional materials are being designed not as stand-alone units but as a full coherent sequence that builds across units and across years.
- Each instructional unit is being field tested by teachers across ten states and then revised based on the data collected.
- The entire middle school science program will be completed in Winter 2022, and starting in August 2019 one unit per grade level will be released every six months based on the unit development schedule.
OpenSciEd Guiding Documents
The resources below help to share the research supporting the materials and pedagogical resources woven into the instructional materials.