OpenSciEd Facilitator Next Level
August 1 - August 5$2,000.00 – $2,250.00
OpenSciEd Facilitator Next Level is designed for facilitators who have already attended the OpenSciEd Curriculum Launch for Facilitators and are ready to take their facilitation to the next level. We’ll build on what you learned in the Launch by digging into the five additional 2-day unit-launch professional learning modules that support impactful implementation of OpenSciEd’s instructional materials.
We’ll break down each modules to emphasize its key ideas, potential sticking points, and facilitator moves to keep the focus on the key ideas. Compared with the Curriculum Launch for Facilitators, the pace of this professional learning will be accelerated to prepare you to lead these ten days of professional learning in just 4 ½ days. To accomplish this, you’ll spend more time in facilitator hat and less time in teacher or student hat. You will also spend more time focusing on the whole group sessions and less on the unit-specific sessions.
This professional learning event is for you if:
You are an OpenSciEd Certified Professional Learning Provider that is growing their capacity to support additional OpenSciEd professional learning
You are lead teacher or district leader interested in better supporting the teachers in your building or district in OpenSciEd implementation
You are interested in joining the OpenSciEd Facilitator Team
- Prepares you to facilitate all of OpenSciEd’s professional Learning beyond the Curriculum Launch
- Renews the “OpenSciEd Qualified Facilitator” digital badge earned by attending the Curriculum Launch for Facilitators and earning the Anchoring Phenomenon micro-credential for an additional year.
- Provides access to the suite of three OpenSciEd micro-credentials for facilitators to deepen your learning and advertise your expertise
- A complete set of hard copies of the Teachers Editions for all 18 OpenSciEd middle school units.
- August 1st (12-3 PM ET)
- August 2-5th (11-2; 3-6 PM ET)
- $2250 for individuals
- $2000 per person for organizations sending 3 or more individuals.
Registration Deadline: Monday, July 8th, 2022