- This event has passed.
OpenSciEd Curriculum Launch – Teacher Edition
August 16 - August 24$1,150.00
Using OpenSciEd’s instructional materials (or considering it)?
This is your chance to get professional learning to help you make OpenSciEd come alive in your classroom! The OpenSciEd Curriculum Launch immerses you in teaching and learning driven by students making sense of phenomena and developing solutions to problems. You will walk away from these four days prepared to confidently facilitate learning in your classroom. In addition, you’ll become an expert in navigating all of the resources embedded in the materials so you can maximize your impact on student engagement and learning. This professional learning session will also support educators to dig into one of the following units: 6.2 Thermal Energy, 7.1 Chemical Reactions & Matter, or 8.1 Contact Forces.
Our professional learning is firmly rooted in adult learning research to support the paradigm shift from omniscient sage to skilled facilitator. We put teachers in the student’s seat so they can experience the innovative learning of OpenSciEd’s materials first-hand and see how students’ sensemaking develops across a unit. We dig in with careful analyses of classroom videos, real student work, and student and teacher interviews and a deep dive into the unit materials. These structured reflections provide science educators with the support to rethink their approach to science education while developing a deep understanding of the units they will be using. We support teachers to make science learning real and relevant for all students.
Come join us!
It will change your world…and those of your students!
Teacher Professional Learning Logistics:
- Four days of virtual professional learning via Zoom – August 16, 17, 23, and 24
- 11am-6pm Eastern each day with a one hour “lunch break” at 2pm ET. We know this is a lot of virtual learning each day and will break this up in all kinds of ways (including doing science with the materials we send to you) to make it the best learning experience possible.
- Draft agenda and Curriculum Launch web page with more details on how this professional learning will be structured.
- Recordings will be shared for 30 days following the event.
- The cost for attendance is $1000 per participant. This cost includes shipping materials to the provided address so we can do science together.
- For questions about registration or the event send us an email at [email protected]
Continuing Education and Graduate Credits available! All participants will be provided with an official certificate of completion at the end of the course with the number of clock hours of professional learning completed. Participants are able to purchase up to three graduate credits from Fort Hays State University as part of the completion of this professional learning. Participants would be responsible for additional work completion and the cost of the credits as described in this document.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Monday, August 1, 2022, 8pm EST