The calendar below shows the professional learning events hosted by OpenSciEd and our Certified Professional Learning partners.
- This event has passed.
Middle School Curriculum Launch for Teachers and Facilitators (Virtual)
July 28 - August 4$500.00 – $1950.00
Are you ready to take your knowledge of OpenSciEd to the next level? Join us for the OpenSciEd Curriculum Launch! You’ll leave with everything you need to get started, including a comprehensive understanding of the curriculum, how to implement it in your classroom, and how to facilitate professional learning for other educators. The creators of the OpenSciEd curriculum are excited to give you the tools and professional learning needed to help you make OpenSciEd come alive in your classroom or school district.
Our professional learning is firmly rooted in adult learning research to support the paradigm shift from omniscient sage to a skilled facilitator. By adopting this approach, we’ve created a more engaging and productive learning environment, allowing participants to gain new skills and insights.
During these sessions, you will immerse yourself in teaching and learning best practices driven by students making sense of phenomena and developing solutions to problems. You’ll also become an expert in navigating all of the resources embedded in the materials so you can maximize your impact on student engagement and learning. Attendees will understand the following units in-depth: 6.1 Light & Matter, 7.1 Chemical Reactions & Matter, and 8.1 Contact Forces.
- Four days of virtual professional learning via Zoom – July 31st – August 3rd
- Hours: 11 AM-6 PM Eastern (EST) daily; one-hour “lunch break” at 2 PM EST
- Early bird price: $1000 per participant. (register by May 1st)
- Regular price: $1100
- Continuing Education and Graduate Credits are available! All participants will be provided with an official certificate of completion.
- Registration closing date: June 20, 2023
The Curriculum Launch for Facilitators is designed to give you a deep understanding of the OpenSciEd Curriculum so that you can successfully facilitate it with your own participants. You will experience the entire curriculum the same way your future participants will, with a focus on teaching and learning driven by students making sense of phenomena and developing solutions to problems. The Facilitator days of the launch will provide you with all the tools and information you need to successfully lead the curriculum with your group. By the end of the launch, you will be prepared to facilitate this professional learning on your own, with confidence and expertise.
- Professional learning listed in the above teacher section
- Two additional days of virtual professional learning via Zoom – July 28th and Aug 4th from 11 AM -4:30 PM EST
- Early Bird:$1750 for individuals, $1500 per person for organizations sending 3 or more individuals. (register by May 1st)
- Regular price: $1850 for individuals, $1550 per person for organizations sending 3 or more individuals.
- Optional OpenSciEd Facilitator Micro-Credentials* ($500)
- Continuing Education and Graduate Credits are available! All participants will be provided with an official certificate of completion at the end of the course with the number of clock hours of professional learning completed.
- Registration closing date: June 20, 2023
We know that virtual learning can be a lot to take in each day, so we will break sessions up in various ways to make it the best learning experience possible. We’ll be doing science experiments with the materials we send you and incorporating several other fun and interactive activities. We’re confident that by the end of this virtual learning experience, you’ll have gained a wealth of knowledge you can apply in the classroom.
*OpenSciEd Facilitator Micro-credentials are digital certifications that verify your understanding of how to facilitate OpenSciEd’s Curriculum Launch Professional learning. This suite of three facilitator micro-credentials is designed to help you process and pressure test what you’ve learned during the Facilitator Curriculum Launch and a way for you to be recognized for demonstrating this learning. This is a ticket add-on for facilitator participants only.
For questions about registration or the event, please email us at email@example.com.